Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 June 2016

Central Intelligence

Central Intelligence                                                                             June 28, 2016

My husband and I went to see this movie on the weekend. He had been wanting to see it for a couple of weeks but there was always something better to do, finally we were able to go. Although I’m really not into chemically induced muscle mass with enlarged veins running through them (and by this I mean I think they are gross), I usually like Dwayne Johnson’s acting. Even still, I can only give this movie an okay.

Basically the movie is about the long lasting effects of bullying. In theory, it would be a great movie to teach young teens about this issue, except that, for me, the attempt at humor was too mature for them and I use the word mature loosely. So I don’t really know who the target audience is supposed to be, young adults who never grew up? I don’t know.  Kevin Hart was just annoying overall, his voice would get so high pitched it hurt and any scene that they thought would be funny went on and on and on until it was no longer funny but irritating. I would give a small laugh and think oh that is funny but then it would go on and on and on until you just wanted it to STOP! The most enjoyable part of this movie, for me, was the bloopers at the end. They were actually funny. My husband who wanted to go so badly couldn’t even say anything to redeem it because, there was nothing good to be said.


Dwayne Johnson will just have to redeem himself in his next movie. Don't waste your time on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment