Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Warcraft

Warcraft                                                                     June 21, 2016                                                                                

This movie was just okay for me. I was very excited about it as the previews made it look fantastic. I normally love to be transported to another world of magic and imagination but through the entire thing I felt like I was missing some important details and didn’t quite get the depth of it – if there was any depth. Being based on a video game that I have never played, or ever will, I guess I will never find out. I found that it seemed to borrow from a lot of other stories and even from the Bible – when the baby is sent down the river in a basket like baby Moses, I was quite annoyed. I also didn’t understand why they trusted the character Garona (Paula Patton) so quickly, it just didn’t make sense. I feel like a lot of time must have passed during the movie that just wasn’t portrayed so the relationships didn’t feel real.

Travis Fimmel, is enjoyable to watch and Paula Patton was beautiful throughout. I’m sure that fans of the video game will love this movie and I really wish that I could say I enjoyed it as well but truthfully I was bored and disappointed.

As for taking your children, there is a lot of violence so I would leave them home for this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment