Search This Blog

Monday 28 June 2021

Cruella

 

Cruella                                                                            June 28, 2021

I can’t decide how I feel about this movie. As far as the new Disney remakes go, it was better than most. That said, it did not follow the original storyline at all, but provided us with Cruella’s backstory. I understand why Disney chose to do this, seeing how the population has become obsessed with villains over the past several years.

For myself, being a grown woman, I thoroughly enjoyed the fashion aspect. The two Emmas, Emma Stone and Emma Thompson were riveting and were both transformed into these characters. The mother in me wondered throughout, would I want my child to watch this movie? Good question. Yes they removed Cruella smoking and the fact that she was killing puppies from this movie – but they added so many more negative aspects. Death, murder, drinking and hurting other people are not values I want my child to think are normal or good.

I feel like Disney is trying so hard to hit all the politically correct trends lately that it has been missing the mark.

Would I watch this movie again, possibly, given time. Would I recommend this movie to other parents, probably not. Not unless your children are much older and you plan to use it as a teaching moment, having a long discussion afterwards about right and wrong, mental health issues, the value of all persons and garbage in, garbage out, to name a few.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment