Search This Blog

Sunday 22 May 2016


Miracles from Heaven                                                                 April 2016

Love love love this movie. This is not the type of movie I’m usually into because I hate to cry in public. I like to be entertained and escape real life, not the other way around but this one really pulls on the heartstrings, maybe because I’m a mother or maybe because I want to believe in miracles.

Jennifer Garner was amazing in this movie as was the little girl who played Anna Beam, Kylie Rogers. I think this girl will go really far if she chooses to continue acting. I predict great things from her. The eldest daughter is played by Brighton sharbino, who was also in The Walking Dead. Every scene with her in it, all I could think of was her personality in that show and I could not believe her part in the movie at all, but the rest of it was good.

I think I relate to this movie because I am a mother of a girl who was once little and I remember going through health problems with her,  no one would believe me and health professionals were blaming me because they had no answers for me. It was the worst situation of my life and at the time I felt very alone. I didn’t know where to turn or what to do. We are taught to trust and respect health care professionals but when they do not act professional or have any answers for you and you have nowhere else to turn it is very scary. I am happy to say that we eventually learned what was wrong with my daughter and how to fix it but it was almost two years of sickness and fear. This movie brought all of those moments flooding back to me. Thanks to God and a homeopathic doctor who showed us the way my daughter is now happy and healthy.


If I had small children I don’t think I would take them to see this movie. It is quite deep and could be distressing for anyone who is sensitive or a natural worrier. There was a little girl in the front of the theatre who sighed very loudly and said to her mother “well you picked it!” while we were there. It was kind of funny at the time. This movie deals with some mature subject matter so I would save this one for girls night out, not family night.

No comments:

Post a Comment