Search This Blog

Sunday 22 May 2016


The Jungle Book                                                   April 18, 2016                                                                                

This movie was just okay for me. I think I have seen too many adaptations of this film and expected certain things that did not happen. I expected Baloo to be jovial and I didn’t enjoy him in this movie. I didn’t like Kaa as a woman and I thought the snake would have more than one short scene in the movie. There were no characters from the “man village” so Mowgli was the only human actor and I kept expecting there to be a female who would temp him away from the jungle. I wanted this movie to transport me into this jungle world but I didn’t quite get into it and found myself bored about halfway through. I also did not understand why the movie was in 3D, it was unnecessary.

I did enjoy the jungle scenery, Bagheera lived up to my expectations and I enjoyed Neel Sethi as Mowgli. He was adorable. This movie is for children and I think they will enjoy it immensely. As for me, I think I will look up the older version starring Jason Scott Lee to get my Jungle Book fix.


No comments:

Post a Comment