Search This Blog

Sunday 22 May 2016


The Huntsman: Winter’s War                                      April 24, 2016

I loved this movie – one of my favorites of 2016, thus far.
I know this movie is getting terrible reviews but it was right up my alley. The movie kept my interest, it had a beautiful love story, magic, fantasy, gorgeous costumes, beautiful castles and landscapes and humor.

When I watched Snow White and the Huntsman I was disappointed, not so much with the story but with the acting of Kristen Stewart. I think the role required more than two facial expressions. It ruined the movie overall for me, because of this I had no expectations going into this new movie. I viewed it with a clean slate. I thought Emily Blunt played her part beautifully and Charlize Theron never disappoints. The characters all interacted well and I found them believable. I also really enjoyed the part the dwarfs played; it was well written and brought some humor to the film. If you want to be transported to another world, escape into a world of fantasy, this is the movie to see right now.


For anyone with children, there are some scenes that might be frightening to children. They steal children from their families and there are several fighting scenes. There is also a love scene where you see side boob and Sara and Eric are in a pool of water at one point,  although you cannot see anything, you know they are naked. I did not notice any foul language or drug use.

No comments:

Post a Comment