Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Ghostbusters


I went and saw the new Ghostbusters last night. About a month ago I watched the older ones in anticipation of this one. I must say the special effects have come a very long way. I enjoyed the movie, it kept my attention and I even felt a little creeped out in the beginning which was a pleasant surprise. I always love Melissa McCarthy but the unexpected surprise for me was Kate McKinnon. She was fabulous! I had to look her up to see if I had seen her in anything else, which I hadn’t, not really, unless you count voices. She was in both Angry Birds and Finding Dory. Nothing against the rest of the cast but she did stand out as one of the best to me. I am looking forward to what she will do in the future.


I liked that the characters in this movie were developed but they didn’t take forever to tell you who they were and there was an actual storyline. Sometimes in these types of movies it is all fight sequences and special effects but this had a little more depth than that. The dialogue was witty and well delivered. I enjoyed this movie and will probably take go again this weekend with my husband. I think teen and preteen children would also enjoy this movie, especially if they are not prone to nightmares or bothered by the supernatural. Younger children I would leave at home as some of the scenes could be frightening to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment