Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 September 2016

End of Summer Movies



I’ve seen many movies lately, Pete’s Dragon, Bad Moms, Suicide Squad, Sausage Party, Ben Hur, War Dogs, Sully and Snowden. None of these were fantastic or held my attention and none of them made me want to run right out and write about them. 

In fact Sausage Party was horrendous and I am embarrassed to say I saw it. I actually detested it. 

War Dogs was boring – so boring I wanted to bang my head against the seat in front of me. It was literally a wasted two hours of my life that I can never get back. A friend of mine thought it was good but he enjoys real life stories and I prefer to be entertained. 

Pete’s Dragon would be great for kids but it was a little slow for me. The main actress is the woman who also played in the latest Jurassic Park movie and she did a much better job this time around. 

All through Suicide Squad I was thinking why is it that the woman has to dress like that. Her feet must be killing her and she must be frozen solid because they would have either had to make the set warm for her or regular temperature for everyone else who were fully clothed and even wearing jackets. This distracted me from the actual story line. 

Bad Moms was amusing, more so because I watched it in a sold out theater and hearing everyone around you laugh makes you laugh as well. It’s not a movie I would want to take my kid to or run right out and buy but I did get a laugh out of it. 

Last night I saw Sully, it was fine, more like a documentary than having any entertainment value. I was not their target audience for sure but I went with a friend because she wanted to see it, and I’m glad I saw it but as I said before, it was a little dull. The theater was sold out but it was a sea of white hair. I swear I was the youngest person there with the exception of one young boy who went with his mother. 

I’m waiting for something good – something really good and sadly these are not them.

No comments:

Post a Comment