Search This Blog

Thursday 15 September 2016

Thrifty Plaid, Cozy Sweaters & Vests for Fall

I’m loving this plaid trend that has been happening over the past few years. Being from the country and loving nature I’ve always been drawn to plaid and now it is available everywhere. With the weather turning cool and the sun setting earlier and earlier I felt like pulling out the cozy clothes. It’s time to get ready for bonfires, walks in the fallen leaves, corn mazes, and pumpkin everything and these clothes are perfect for all of those things.


Almost all of the following pictures are of clothes I found in local thrift stores. Most of the scarves only cost $1.25. Hope you find some fall inspiration from these and hit your local thrift store for some bargains.

First is this pink vest which I couldn't leave in the store. It's not as versatile as the others but it does give you a pop of color.



I think I will pair this one with a plain gray scarf and matching boots.

Here is the same vest with a cozy white sweater - great for wearing to the theater on a cold evening out.


And here it is again with a cozy plaid scarf.


And another plaid scarf!


How about with a denim shirt underneath.

Next we have a reversible vest, red on one side, black on the other, two vests for the price of one. This would be a great item to take if you were going on a fall trip, say around the Cabot Trail.



This scarf came from Winners, it's the only one I bought that wasn't thrifted.



No plaid here, but a cozy sweater underneath.


Add a colorful scarf and you have a whole new look.


How about a denim shirt and a red plaid scarf. I will wear the red and black vests with black boots.




Here it is with some plaid shirts.



And some plaid scarfs.


Here is a green vest which comes with a removable hood. I sometimes wear this with a wheat colored sweater as well. I'm still looking for a plaid scarf or shirt that will go with it.

This white vest is my favorite and I love to wear it with a light snow fall as well if it isn't too cold.


Here it is with pink gingham.





And more plaid shirts.

I love the white vest as it can be mixed with any color. I wear a multitude of sweaters under it and can pair it with brown, black or even gray boots.




No comments:

Post a Comment