Search This Blog

Sunday 28 August 2016

Stormy Dress

   
This dress reminds me of a stormy ocean.

 I loved the colors and since I was looking for some dresses I could wear to work and this one fit so I bought it. It cost me about $6 at the local thrift shop.

There are several things I like about this dress besides the color. First, it has a neckline and length that I can wear to work. Secondly, it is loose enough to feel comfortable but with just enough fit that I don’t feel like I’m wearing a sack. Thirdly, I love this zipper detail at the color.

What I don’t like about this dress is the faux scarf type detail which reminds me of Merlin in the show, Merlin, which my daughter got me watching on Netflix last year.

This was a quick and easy fix. I cut off the point, pinched the raw edges under and pinned. It took only a few minutes to stitch this up by hand and once ironed, you can’t even tell it was altered.


It still has the faux scarf, but it’s not as bad as it was. I will try it out this fall and if it still bothers me I might take it completely off in the spring – who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment