Search This Blog

Thursday 11 August 2016

Versatile Denim Dress



I’ve been seeing this dress on a game I play online called Covet, which I love. This denim dress by J Brand.

I had a similar dress in my closet which I had found at the local thrift store for under $10 but the sleeves were less than stylish. 

I decided I would cut the sleeves off and turn the armhole under and stitch but the stitching there was so sturdy I decided I didn’t need to do this. 

I cut the sleeves off as close to the seam as possible with my seam ripper, being careful where the seam met under the arm. There is too little fabric left to fray. 

This is how it turned out.

I am wearing this dress to work tomorrow with a white cardigan and sandals but it could be worn so many other ways. 

It is cute on its one for summer but with fall coming up it could be worn with a bright sweater and scarf. 

Or with this fall color and adding tan colored boots and purse. 


In early winter I could wear this with black tights and tall boots and a black sweater or jacket as well. 

Love my new to me denim dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment